Thursday, May 8, 2008

Nightlife

Whenever I cover a band or a nightclub, people inevitably ask me to take their picture, or else they begin mugging when they see the camera aiming at them. I usually oblige; it's a digital camera, so I'm not worried about wasting film. I just prefer to capture people in a more natural, candid moment. Sometimes, though, semi-posed photos can actually turn out pretty good. I like the lighting in this one. I had the shutter speed at about 1/4 of a second, and used just enough flash to freeze the people without overwhelming the red light of the nightclub. Doesn't this look like a 1970s disco album cover?

2 comments:

Ashley Garner said...

it does, especially with the sleezy guy in the back...i mean i can hear the love making music now!

Megan said...

i love this. what a wonderful position that girl holds her body in.