Saturday, December 29, 2007

True Brothers



Here's the last cover I shot during my internship at Yes!Weekly. It's the retro-country duo the True Brothers. The plastic reindeer and FedEx truck in the upper-left background would be covered up by the publication's logo, so I wasn't worried about them. For lights I used a pair of Vivitar flashes on stands, one with a white umbrella and the other with a reflector, triggered by Chinese-made radio slaves. Not exactly Alien Bees but good enough for government work, as they used to say. Cover shots at Yes! were always tough because I was essentially dealing with an L-shaped area. The logo could be moved around but it would always take up 1/4 of the page and you had to keep that in mind. I think this was the best cover composition I came up with while I was there.

No comments: